Training Update: January 24, 2010
Well, it's been a slow recovery to get my cycling legs back. After buying ANOTHER buy to replace the one stolen several weeks ago, I decided to start small: two 15 milers. Suprisingly enough, the two riding sessions were easier than I thought. Fun!
I'm generally a fast sprinter. Sprinting has always been a thing for "big guys" in cycling anyway. Some of the best pro cycling sprinter specialists are "big guys." Well, that's if you consider 175 lbs guys as "big." At any rate, I can sprint, big whoop. But I don't have stamina. At least built-in stamina. I have to work on filling up my reserve if I want to last 545 miles in seven days. HUGE TASK ahead of me.
So, after putting in 30 something miles on the new bike, I decided to install a bike computer so I can track my progress on the trainer. I even bought a bike computer with a cadence counter. If I can do a 60 rpm at 10 miles per hour, I can survive the punishment of building up my stamina.
I installed the bike computer last weekend but I didn't try doing a training ride on my trainer until two nights ago. Well... At 60 revolutions per minute while keeping a target of 10 miles per hour, my legs felt like jello after 15 minutes. My lungs were fine but my quads were screaming within ten minutes on the trainer.
Crap.
I got work to do.
Wish me luck.

1 Comments:
So wanna go for a bike ride?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home